Research associate animal nutrition (m/f/d)
We are young and we are international. We are 310 people from more than 40 nations and speak 15 languages at our headquarters in Lohne. Our passion is animal nutrition. We are proud of our products and that they are scientifically based. With our safe and efficient feed additives we increase the well-being and performance of animals. Feed Safety for Food Safety - that is our philosophy.
As a research associate (m/f/d) you would like gain work experience and do your Doctoral Degree?
We can offer you the ideal setting.
What to expect
- Opportunity for a doctoral degree
- Research on organically bound trace elements in animal nutrition, testing of bioavailability as well as of performance- and health-promoting effects in swine and poultry.
- Planning, execution and evaluation of laboratory tests and feeding trials
- As a part of our R&D team you will support the product development and product management
- Writing of interims and final reports as well as of scientific articles in well-known journals
- Preparing papers and publications and presenting them, both internally and at external events and conferences
- MS degree in veterinary medicine or agricultural science with a focus on livestock science
- Practical experience and extensive know-how in the nutrition and physiology of livestock animals
- Interest in both the scientific and the practice-oriented work
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Flexibility, team working spirit, ready for challenges
- Capability of working independently and organizing work effectively
- Fluent in English both oral and written. Other languages would be beneficial, but not essential
- Experience with common office and graphic programs
- Willing to travel
What Biochem can offer you
- Interesting interface between basic and applied research
- Excellent career opportunities in a science-oriented and internationally successful company
- Targeted technical support by experienced colleagues and contacts to numerous universities and research institutes
- Financial security with a 3-year contract in full-time employment (40 hours / week)
- After finishing your doctoral thesis, Biochem generally aims to offer you a permanent employment contract.
- Possibility of mobile working based in 49393 Lohne, Lower Saxony
- Research at Freie Universität Berlin, Department of Veterinary Medicine - Institute of Animal Nutrition, Prof. Dr. Jürgen Zentek
- Very interesting and challenging working area
- Non-hierarchical environment, flexibility and quick decision-making
Be part of our team!
If this opportunity feels like the job you are passionate about, and it fits with your experience and skills, please email us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any questions, contact Michael Blömer directly on +49 4442 9289 - 42.
Keywords: Agriculture, Farming, Animal Nutrition, Animal Health, Feeding, Feed Additive, Landwirtschaft, animal nutrition, Tierernährung, Tiergesundheit, Futtermittel, Futterzusatzstoff, Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter, Research associate, Oldenburger Münsterland, Germany, Deutschland, Lohne, Full-time, Vollzeit, Niedersachsen, Lower Saxony